Posted 01 October 2021
Ride Update: The 34th Murray to Moyne Cycle Relay.
Team Captains Final Check List:
1. Pick up Your Team Bag – Including your Team Covid Declarations Friday night or Sat Morning.
2. You must return your Completed Covid Declarations to your Ride Directors before the Start.
3. Do all your riders have their Reflective Vests and suitable lights for night riding?
4. Echuca Route: The Rapid Relief organisation will supply Breakfast at the new start location in Echuca. (Echuca Discovery Wharf).
5. Swan Hill Route: Rapid Relief – Start of Swan Hill – Breakfast.
6. Mildura Route: Regional Roads Vic, Road works at the following locations:
a. 1.5kms North of Hattah Store. New large roundabout at Hattah Store.
b. 2Kms South of Hatta Store – Stop lights, about 1 km of hard dirt.
c. North of Dooen – 1 km
7. Hamilton Compulsory Stop: Phone in your arrival on Saturday night (or Sunday morning).
a. Lions Club – Breakfast – at showgrounds Please support !
Registrations are extended for any last minute additions to your Team. Team Captains can also Register new participates on the Friday Night (26 March) or Saturday Morning (27 March) with your Ride Directors at the start Location.
New Echuca Route Start: The start will this year be at the Port of Echuca Discovery Centre – 74 Murray Esplanade. There is plenty of parking and the re-developed site is perfect for the M2M.
Catering on route options as of early February.
· Echuca Route: The Rapid Relief organisation have confirmed they will supply catering at the following venues for this year’s ride. Start of Echuca – Breakfast RRT. Navarre – Dinner - Navarre Football Club (CWA) Must pre-order using the order form.
· Swan Hill Route: Rapid Relief – Start of Swan Hill – Breakfast.
· Mildura Route: Beulah Primary School – Dinner – Must pre-order using the order form.
· Menus and order forms for these catering arrangements have already been sent out to Team Captains.
· The provision of food on route is a difficult question this year due to the special requirements to meet the CovidSafe Strategy. Normal commercial providers are also available in Stawell and across all routes.
· Hamilton Compulsory Stop: At the Show Grounds, the Lions Club will provide breakfast (Egg & Bacon rolls etc) before the ride commences from Hamilton to Port Fairy.
· Hamilton to Port Fairy Via Macarthur: No Catering this year. (Toilets on Left opposite Post Office).
· Hamilton to Port Fairy Via Hawkesdale: No Catering this year. (Toilets on right at Swimming Pool).
· Reminder: Our objective is to keep the ride from the front to the rear at about 60 kms (Max) Therefore; Ride Directors can make an Interim STOP for about 20 to 30 minutes to allow the gap to be reduced. In recent years this has been at the following locations: Mildura Route – Warracknabeal; Swan Hill Route – Minyip; and Echuca Route – Stawell.
Start Times from the Murray River Start Points and from Hamilton are an attachment to this E-mail. This also includes the routes each team will follow from Hamilton to Port Fairy - via either Penshurst or via Macarthur.
Reminder: Team Check In & Team Bag Collection for each route can be made with your Ride Directors either: Friday Night - 26 March from 6:00pm to 7:00pm or on Saturday Morning, 27 March from 8:00am to 8:30am. The Team Check In & Bag Collection Locations are:
Mildura Route: Fishers IGA Carpark, South End. 2111-2019 Fifteenth Street - Irymple. For both Friday night or Saturday morning.
Swan Hill Route: Friday Night (pm): Comfort Inn, Carpark, 396 Campbell Street, or Saturday (am) Swan Hill Showgrounds, Stradbroke Avenue, Swan Hill.
Echuca Route: Friday Night (pm) Paddlewheel Motel, 385 - 389 High Street, Echuca or Saturday (am) Port of Echuca Discovery Centre, Murray Esplanade, Echuca.
What's included in the Team Bags ? All your Vehicle Identification stickers, Your Team Numbers & safety pins and sponsors products plus a copy of the Official Ride Guide, This year the bags will also include a folder with your Team Covid Declarations. These need to be completed - either on Friday Night or Saturday Morning and returned to your Ride Director at the Saturday morning - Team Captains Briefing at 8:40 am at the Official Start Locations.