Each year 'The Graham Woodrup Memorial Award' is recognised by a special award being presented to someone who has displayed 'exceptional effort and inspiration' to others in the course of his/her team's involvement with the Murray to Moyne, In memory of 'Woody'.
Who is eligible for the award?
Any person associated with the Murray to Moyne, as a Rider, Support Crew or Event Volunteer. All potential recipients of the award (nominees) are required to be present at the Final Presentation Ceremony in Port Fairy on Sunday 03 April 2016.
Criteria - Exceptional effort and inspiration:
Graham Woodrup or Woody as he was fondly called, was a visionary. He had a dynamic and enthusiastic personality, inspiring others by example to be generous with their talents by using them to help others. These characteristics epitomise this award for 'exceptional effort and inspiration to others'.
Nominations should address the following criteria:
- A person who has overcome difficult circumstances to participate in or be associated with the M2M
- A person who has inspired others by their actions and commitment to the M2M
- A person who, through the M2M, has motivated others to get on a bike and have a go!
- A person who has encouraged others through the M2M to fundraise for a hospital or health related organisation
- A person who has contributed significantly to the M2M at a team level.
Nominations should include the following details:
- Name of nominated person
- Representing Team
- Name of hospital or health related organisation
- Reason for nomination
- One reference from a member of the local community
- Attach any relevant newspaper clippings and photos.
Nominations are to be received by 12 noon Friday 17 March 2017.
Email or post to:
Murray to Moyne Administrator
P.O. Box 227, Port Fairy VIC 3284
Ph: 0467 788 765
Previous recipients of the Graham Woodrup Memorial Award have been:
1992 Hester Woodrup & Kate Woodrup (nee Winnen)
1993 Ellie Feeney, Port Fairy
1994 Graham Gugger, Mildura
1995 Hans Kruse, Timboon
1996 Dennis Lemke, Port Fairy
1997 Viv Forster, Echuca - Posthumously
1998 Graeme Wilkerson, Hamilton
1999 Jim Rendell, Port Fairy - Posthumously
2000 Pauline Kelly, Edenhope
2001 Norm Adams, Wangaratta
2002 Fran Taylor, Castlemaine
2003 Graeme McFarlane, Casterton
2004 Kevin Lee, Koroit
2005 Garry Tierney
2006 Alice Birrell
2007 Dr Peter Downie
2008 Tim O'Sullivan - Colac & Peter Rees - Colac (joint winners)
2009 Paul Paridaen, Anglesea
2010 Andrew Thomas, Maryborough
2011 Frank Carlous, Department of Health
2012 David Cameron, Mulleraterong Centre, Hamilton
2013 Hugo Johnston, Lorne Spinners and Clancy Hammond,
Abbie's Rainbow Ride for Cystic Fibrosis
2014 Les Solly, Team Outpatients, Hopetoun
2015 Rob Mason, Loddon Murray Cycling, Kerang
2016 Joint winners: